Summer Discussion Series – Greensboro United Church of Christ
Please join our Summer 2018 discussion of this very timely topic. We will read White Privilege: Let’s Talk—A Resource for Transformational Dialogue which, through group discussions, activities, and reflection, invites us to engage in safe, meaningful, substantive, and bold conversations on race. A copy of the reading material and blank journals will be provided to all participants.
We will meet in the Greensboro United Church of Christ Fellowship Hall Thursday mornings, 10:00-11:30 AM, for six weeks in July and August 2018, starting July 19th and continuing through August 23rd (July 19, 26, August 2, 9, 16, 23).
- Session 1. Introduction – Getting to know one another, discussing how we will explore the topic, and setting the stage for the next 5 weeks.
- Session 2. Whiteness as the Norm: Five Loci of Insights on the Binary of Light/Dark and Black/White
- Sessions 3 & 4. The Cash Value of Whiteness or Whiteness as a Tax-Exempt Status (Education, Housing, Income and wealth disparities, Medical and health industry advantages)
- Session 5. The Spiritual Autobiography Told Through the Lens of Race
- Session 6. On Becoming an Ally
All are welcome! We look forward to exploring this relevant topic with you. Questions? Call the Greensboro United Church of Christ: 802-533-2223